Steps for Interested 8th Graders (Aspiring Freshmen)
•2022-2023 School Year • Class of 2027 •
**All fees and dates below are subject to change at any time.**
All interested applicants MUST:
- Fill out an online application, which includes submitting 6th, 7th, and first quarter of 8th Grade marks/report cards
- Take an entrance exam (TACHS)
Online Application: When your child completes 7th Grade, please fill out the Molloy online application and upload their grades. The application for rising 8th Graders (Class of 2027) can be found here, where you will head to our "Apply Now" page. It contains all the directions on how to fill out a Molloy application.
Entrance Exam: All applicants will take the Test for Admission into Catholic High School (TACHS).
- The first week of August - Molloy's online application is now available. Per above, please click here to head to our "Apply Now" page. It contains all the directions on how to fill out a Molloy application.
- August 22, 2022 at 9 AM - TACHS exam registration begins. You can sign up online at www.tachsinfo.com or by telephone at 1-866-61TACHS (1-866-618-2247).
Molloy brochures are delivered to all local schools. Ask your 8th Grade teacher or guidance counselor for one! The brochures can also be downloaded from our website. Click on the individual links at the top right to find what you need.All 8th Grade applicants MUST fill out an online application
. The deadline is Friday, December 2, 2022. On a separate note, in order to be considered for a Named Scholarship, candidates must fill out a Named Scholarship online application. That will also be due on Friday, December 2, 2022. More information on Named Scholarships can be found here
- TACHS Exam - Saturday, November 5, 2022
For the TACHS exam, students send their scores to three Catholic high schools. While all choices are considered, preference is given to applicants listing Molloy as their first choice
. All applicants must also send their 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade marks to Molloy by mid-December, either via the TACHS Applicant Record form, which is part of the TACHS Exam packet, or by sending copies of report cards to [email protected]
*Like the last few years, the TACHS exam will be virtual
. Check out www.tachsinfo.com
for more details.
- December 2, 2022 - Deadline to submit Molloy Online Application for 8th Graders. Please note: If your school is providing 8th Grade report cards after the deadline for the Molloy online application, which is December 2nd, do not worry. Submit what you have for now. Please remember your user name and password and you can go back and add in the 8th Grade marks once received.
- December 2, 2022 - Deadline to submit completed Named Scholarship Application Package (application, essay, and recommendations).
- December 13, 2022 - Deadline for all schools to send the completed 9th Grade TACHS Applicant Record form. Print form from website: www.tachsinfo.com
- January 11, 2023 - Admissions Notifications are sent on the same day by all Catholic high schools. Acceptances specifically are emailed and you can print them out for your records. If you do not have an email address, or never submitted one, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Date TBD - Winter Open House for Accepted Students.**
- February 3, 2023 - Admitted students must send their completed response form and pay the nonrefundable deposit of $450.* This is the first of two fees to secure your child's seat in the Class of 2027.
- March 8, 2023 - Nonrefundable $550 technology fee due.* This is the second step in securing your child's seat at Molloy.
- DATE TBD - Spring Welcome Event for Incoming Freshmen
- Foreign Language Placement Exam. Date TBD.
- Freshman Parent Packet emailed. It includes start of school dates, sports try-outs dates, uniform information, iPad distribution schedule, tuition information, and more.
*Fees subject to change.
**Due to COVID-19, all dates, details, and activities are subject to change.