FIRST STEPS for the 2017-2018 School Year
6th & 7th Graders- (The following link will be accessable in the Spring) Please fill out a free online inquiry form here
8th Graders- (The following link will be accessable in the Spring) Please fill out a free online application here
(The following dates were for Fall 2017. Fall 2018 dates are currently TBD. They will be updated when available for the 2018-2019 school year).MID-SEPTEMBER 2017
Brochures and scholarship information are delivered to all local schools. Ask your 8th grade teacher or guidance counselor for one! The brochures, family recommendation form, and scholarship application can be downloaded from our website. Click on the individual links to the right to find what you need.
Applicants must take the Test for Admission into Catholic High School (TACHS) on November 4, 2017 or the Catholic High School Entrance Exam (CHSEE) for Long Island residents on October 28, 2017. TACHS test is for students in NYC and may also be taken by students living and attending school in Long Island.
- TACHS- October 6, 2017 is the DEADLINE for paper registration and October 16, 2017 for internet and telephone registration- Deadline to register for TACHS can also be found at www.tachsinfo.com.
**Update: According to the TACHS website, Late Registration Opens: October 17, 2017 / Late Registration Ends: October 31, 2017 at 5:00 PM EST
- CHSEE- This exam is for students who live and attend school in Long Island. The preferred method for registration is online at www.chsee.org LATE REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE FOR CHSEE: Student applicants may pay a late registration fee of $15. Walk-ins will be permitted on the day of the exam. See website for more details.
- Molloy Open House: October 15, 2017 11 AM-4 PM
Open House Program for 7th and 8th grade students and parents. Arrive between 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Come to tour our campus, meet our students, faculty and parents, and get information on curriculum, sports, activities, guidance, retreat programs, and admissions.
- CHSEE Exam- October 28, 2017
- TACHS Exam- November 4, 2017
Students send their scores to three Catholic high schools. While all choices are considered, preference is given to applicants listing Molloy as their first choice. All applicants must also send their sixth, seventh and eighth grade marks to Molloy by mid-December, either on the Ninth Grade Applicant Record form, which is part of the TACHS Exam packet, or by sending copies of report cards.
- December 1, 2017- Deadline to submit completed Named Scholarship Package (application, essay and recommendations).
- December 1, 2017- Deadline to submit Molloy Online Application for 8th graders. **Extended to December 15, 2017
- December 15, 2017- Deadline for all schools to send the completed 9th Grade Applicant Record form. Print form from website: www.tachsinfo.com
- January 10, 2018- Admissions Notifications are mailed on the same day by all Catholic high schools. They are emailed as well during that same week, so long as you previously filled out an online application and included your email address.
- January 25, 2018- Winter Open House for Accepted Students.
- February 1, 2018- Admitted students must send their completed response form and non-refundable deposit.
- March 3, 2018- Registration for Class of 2022
Registration packet will be mailed in mid-February to all accepted students who have sent in their deposit. On registration day, registration cards are collected, I.D. photos are taken, freshman camp forms are distributed and the foreign language placement test is administered. The non-refundable Registration Fee of $500 is due by Registration Day: March 3, 2018.
- May 12, 2018- Math Placement Test
Math Placement Test for incoming freshman seeking Algebra Honors or Honors Geometry.