Steps for Interested 8th Graders (Aspiring Freshmen)
•2020-2021 School Year • Class of 2025 •
**All fees and dates below are subject to change at any time.**
All interested applicants MUST fill out an online application and take an entrance exam.
Online Application: When your child completes 7th Grade, please fill out the Molloy online application and upload their grades. The application for rising 8th Graders will be available in July.
Entrance Exam: All applicants will take the Test for Admission into Catholic High School (TACHS).
- July 2020 - Rising 8th Graders filled out an online application, which was available starting July.
- August 24, 2020 - TACHS exam registration begins. You can sign up online at www.tachsinfo.com or by telephone at 1-866-61TACHS (1-866-618-2247).
Molloy brochures are delivered to all local schools. Ask your 8th grade teacher or guidance counselor for one! The brochures can also be downloaded from our website. Click on the individual links to the top right to find what you need.All 8th Grade applicants MUST fill out an online application
. The deadline is December 4, 2020. In order to be considered for a Named Scholarship, candidates must fill out a Named Scholarship online application. More information on Named Scholarships can be found here
- Molloy Virtual Open House Video - October 18, 2020 • Our in-depth virtual video will showcase our curriculum, guidance, sports, activities, retreat programs, and admissions process. The video is launching on our website www.molloyhs.org. Connect your family with our family! For any additional questions, feel free to email email@example.com.
- TACHS - October 23, 2020 is the DEADLINE for registration. You can register via internet or by telephone. More details regarding registering for the TACHS and its deadline can be found at www.tachsinfo.com.
- TACHS Exam- November 7, 2020
For the TACHS exam, students send their scores to three Catholic high schools. While all choices are considered, preference is given to applicants listing Molloy as their first choice. All applicants must also send their sixth, seventh and eighth grade marks to Molloy by mid-December, either on the Ninth Grade Applicant Record form, which is part of the TACHS Exam packet, or by sending copies of report cards.
- December 4, 2020- Deadline to submit Molloy Online Application for 8th Graders. Please note: If your school is providing 8th Grade report cards after the deadline for the Molloy online application, which is December 4th, do not worry. Submit what you have for now. Please remember your user name and password and you can go back and add in the 8th Grade marks once received.
- December 7, 2020- Deadline to submit completed Named Scholarship Package (application, essay, and recommendations).
- December 15, 2020- Deadline for all schools to send the completed 9th Grade Applicant Record form. Print form from website: www.tachsinfo.com
- January 13, 2021- Admissions Notifications are sent on the same day by all Catholic high schools. Acceptances specifically are emailed and you can print them out for your records. If you do not have an email address, or never submitted one, please let us know as soon as possible.
- January 26 & 27, 2021- Virtual Winter Open House for Accepted Students.
- February 1, 2021- Admitted students must send their completed response form and pay the non-refundable deposit of $450. This is the first of two fees to secure your child's seat in the Class of 2025.
- March 10, 2021 - Nonrefundable $550 technology fee due. This is the second step in securing your child's seat at Molloy.
- Math and Foreign Language Placement Exams. Dates TBD.
*Fees subject to change.
**Due to COVID-19, all dates, details, and activities are subject to change.
If you are currently in the 8th Grade and missed the TACHS, but are still interested in attending Archbishop Molloy High School, please contact Admissions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.