Steps for Interested 8th Graders (Aspiring Freshmen) • 2018-2019 School Year
• Class of 2023 •
All interested applicants MUST fill out an online application and take an entrance exam.
Online Application: When your child completes 7th Grade, please fill out the Molloy online application and upload their grades. The application can be found here.
Entrance Exam: All applicants will take either the Test for Admission into Catholic High School (TACHS) for NYC students or the Catholic High School Entrance Exam (CHSEE) for Long Island students. The TACHS may also be taken by students living and attending school in Long Island.
- June 29, 2018 - The Molloy online application is available for rising 8th Graders. Please click here to fill one out.
- August 20, 2018 - TACHS exam registration begins. You can sign up online at www.tachsinfor.com or by telephone at 1-866-61TACHS (1-866-618-2247).
Molloy brochures are delivered to all local schools. Ask your 8th grade teacher or guidance counselor for one! The brochures can also be downloaded from our website. Click on the individual links to the top right to find what you need.All 8th Grade applicants MUST fill out an online application
. The deadline is December 1, 2018. In order to be considered for a Named Scholarship, candidates must fill out a Named Scholarship online application. More information can be found here
- CHSEE - October 3, 2018 is the DEADLINE for registration. This exam is for students who live and attend school in Long Island. The preferred method for registration is online at www.chsee.org. LATE REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE FOR CHSEE. Student applicants may pay a late registration fee of $15, Walk-ins will be permitted on the day of the exam. Visit the CHSEE website for more details.
- Per the TACHS website: October 5, 2018 - Deadline for submitting request and supporting documentation to Diocese for extended testing time accommodation on the TACHS exam.
- Molloy Fall Open House: October 14, 2018 11 AM-4 PM • Open House is for 7th and 8th Grade students and parents. Arrive between 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Visit our campus, meet our students, faculty and parents, and get information on curriculum, sports, activities, guidance, retreat programs, and admissions.
- TACHS - October 15, 2018 is the DEADLINE for registration. You can register via internet or by telephone. More details regarding registering for the TACHS and its deadline can be found at www.tachsinfo.com.
- CHSEE Exam- October 27, 2018
- TACHS Exam- November 3, 2018
For the TACHS or CHSEE exam, students send their scores to three Catholic high schools. While all choices are considered, preference is given to applicants listing Molloy as their first choice. All applicants must also send their sixth, seventh and eighth grade marks to Molloy by mid-December, either on the Ninth Grade Applicant Record form, which is part of the TACHS Exam packet, or by sending copies of report cards.
- December 7, 2018- Deadline to submit completed Named Scholarship Package (application, essay and recommendations). Originally due December 1st, updated to December 7th.
- December 1, 2018- Deadline to submit Molloy Online Application for 8th graders.
- December 15, 2018- Deadline for all schools to send the completed 9th Grade Applicant Record form. Print form from website: www.tachsinfo.com
- January 16, 2019- Admissions Notifications are sent on the same day by all Catholic high schools. Acceptances specifically are emailed and you can print them out for your records. If you do not have an email address, or never submitted one, please let us know as soon as possible.
- January 24, 2019- Winter Open House for Accepted Students.
- February 1, 2019- Admitted students must send their completed response form and pay the non-refundable deposit of $450.
- March 9, 2019- Registration for Class of 2023
Registration packet will be mailed in mid-February to all accepted students who have sent in their deposit. On registration day, registration cards are collected, I.D. photos are taken, freshman camp forms are distributed and the foreign language placement test is administered. The non-refundable Technology Fee of $500 is due by Registration Day: March 9, 2019.
- May 11, 2019- Math Placement Test
Math Placement Test for incoming freshmen seeking Algebra Honors or Honors Geometry.
- May 16, 2019-Foreign Language Placement Exam
Foreign Language Placement Test for incoming freshmen seeking advanced classes in either Spanish, Italian, or French.