How do I get more information about Molloy? (6th & 7th Graders)
For more information about Molloy, please fill out an inquiry form here
.How do I apply for 9th grade admission to Molloy? (8th Graders)For 8th Graders in the 2020-21 school year, the link to fill out an official online application can be found here.
How do you gain admission into Molloy?
Typically, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Score 65% or higher on the TACHS
- Earn high grades (90s/high 80s) in 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade
- Score in the top third (3s/4s) on state/standardized tests in 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade
Is admission competitive?
Each year, over 2,000 students apply to Molloy for the 400 available seats.
Does it matter what number you place Molloy on the TACHS exam?
Priority for admission is given to those prospective students who place Molloy as #1. Furthermore, please remember that in order to be considered for a scholarship, you MUST place Molloy as #1.
What is Molloy's code for the TACHS?
It is 012.
Do you offer opportunities to visit Molloy?
There are plenty of opportunities to visit our school! Firstly, we hold Open House twice a year.
Fall Open House: *Sunday, October 18, 2020 10 AM - 2 PM
Winter Open House (for Accepted Students): TBD
*Due to Covid-19, all dates, details, and activities are subject to change.
Please check www.molloyhs.org
for the latest updates or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there any scholarships or financial assistance awarded?
Each year Molloy offers scholarships valued at over $1.3 million!
Applicants are considered for Academic Scholarships who place Molloy as #1, whose grades are in the 90s in 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade, score high on standardized & NYS tests in 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade, and who score in the top 1%-2% on the Catholic High School Admission entrance exam (TACHS or CHSEE).
We also offer Named Scholarships which are funded by alumni and Molloy benefactors. Most of the Named Scholarships are need-based.
As part of the Marist Mission, we strive to keep Molloy education affordable. The actual cost to educate a Molloy student exceeds the tuition.
For more information on scholarships please click here
What is the Number of Enrollments?
Approximately 1,560 Boys & Girls in Grades 9 through 12.
How much is the yearly tuition?
The tuition for the 2020-2021 school year is $9,850 + registration and technology fees.
Where is the school located?
Our address is: 8353 Manton St. Briarwood, NY 11435. We are one block from the intersection of Queens Boulevard and Main Street, in Briarwood, Queens–Four blocks east of the county offices in Kew Gardens.
How can my child get to school?
- The F train stops in front of the school at the Briarwood-Van Wyck Station. From there, it's a short walk to the school.
- Accessible by LIRR. There are stations in neighboring towns Jamaica, NY and Kew Gardens, NY.
- The Main Street Q44, Q20A, Q20B and the Queens Boulevard Q60 buses stop in front of the school. The Union Turnpike Q-46, the Lefferts Boulevard Q-10 and the Metropolitan Avenue Q-54 buses stop within a short walk of the school.
- Grand Central West: Exit 17 – 168 Street. At the fourth traffic light on the service road, make a left onto Main Street. Stay in the right lane at the flashing yellow signal.
- Grand Central East: Exit 14 - Union Turnpike. Take the first available right turn onto Main Street. Stay in the right lane at the flashing yellow signal.
Van Wyck South: Exit 11 - Jewel Avenue. Left on Jewel to Main Street. Go right on Main, proceed about 1.7 miles. Stay in the right lane at the flashing yellow signal.
- Van Wyck North: Exit 9 - Queens Blvd. Make the first available right onto Hoover Avenue. Make a right on Main Street, stay in the right lane at the flashing yellow signal.
What does the curriculum include?
Challenging college-preparatory program for all students. Advanced Placement courses for college credit are offered at all grade levels, including freshman year. 100% of our graduates attend college. The Class of 2018 was awarded over $100 million in college scholarships. Two-thirds of our students earn college credit before graduating from Molloy.
How is Molloy recognized?
- "Outstanding American High School" – U.S. News & World Report
- "Exemplary High School" – U.S. Department of Education
- Accredited by the Middle States Associations of Schools and Colleges
- Chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York
Are there extracurricular activities available?
There are more than 60 sports, clubs and service activities that are offered. Over 90% of our freshmen participated in after school activities last year.
*Sports include: Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, Handball, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Step Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track & Field, and Volleyball.
*Clubs, Leagues, & Programs include: Anime Club, Art Club, Asian Club, Bagpipe Band, Baking Club, Biology Club, Book Club, Briarwood Shelter, Campus Ministry Leader, Catholic Culture Club, Chess Club, Computer Club, Dance Team & Club, Drama Club, Eastern European Club, Ebony Club, Engineering Club, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, French Club, Girls Who Code Club, Greek Club, Guitar Ensemble, Health & Fitness Club, I.AM.Green (Environmental) Club, Indian Club, Integrated Science Association, Intramural Sports, Investment Club, Irish Club, Italian Club, Knitting & Crafts Club, Lantern, LifeSpire, Literary Magazine, Liturgy Committee, Marist Youth, Math Club, Math Team & League, Mock Trial Team, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, New York Hospital Club, Photography Club, Political Science & History Club, Retreat Leaders, Right-to-Life Club, S.M.I.L.E. Club, S.A.D.D., Science Fiction Club, Science Olympiad, Science Research Program, Spanish Club, Speech & Debate Club, St. Marcellin Champagnat Society, Stanner Film Society, STEM Club, String Ensemble, Student Activity Committee/Spirit Leaders, Student Ambassador Program, Stanner Newspaper, Stanner Players, Theater Arts & Improv Club, Tutoring Program, Video Broadcast Club, & Yearbook.
* = Subject to change based on number of enrollments.
What are the uniform requirements?
Blue, dark blue or tan slacks/skirts and blue or white shirt/blouse purchased from Tommy Hilfiger. Click here
to view their website.
What facilities are available to the students?
Molloy's well-maintained and fully equipped facilities include: the newly-renovated cafeteria and chapel, brand new video broadcast studio, a state-of-the-art library, research center, computer lab, four science labs, theater, guidance complex, strength & conditioning facility, and two gymnasiums. The six-acre campus includes: an all-weather outdoor track and baseball field. Additionally, Molloy has created a comprehensive program for integrating iPad® technology in the learning environment. Each classroom is outfitted with Smartboards and Apple TV.