Congratulations to the boys 4 X 200 relay team for winning the CHSAA Ocean Breeze Grand Prix on January 20th. The team of Chinemerem Onaniwu, Emmanuel Adeleye, Justin Hidalgo, and Joshua Titus ran a time of 1:33.6 to win the Grand Prix and become the #1 qualifier for the Milrose Games. This team already broke the Molloy 4 X 200 record earlier this season. This year’s Milrose Games are set for Saturday, February 3rd. | MILROSE GAMES INFORMATION
2017-18 Track & Field Achievements:
- Boys and Girls teams won the Brooklyn Queens Diocesan Championships.
- Girls placed 2nd in the City Championships, Boys placed 4th.
- Individual Brooklyn Queens Champions:
- Kristen Mardenborough ‘18 (Pole Vault)
- Aaliyah Josey ‘18 (Triple Jump)
- Nina Figetakis ‘21 (High Jump)
- Chinemerem Ononiwu ‘18 (55 meter high hurdles)
- Peter Meehan ‘20 (High jump)
- James Loeffel ’19 (3200 meter run)
- Frank Tullo ‘18 (Shot Put)
- Angelo Mastrogiacomo ‘18 (Pole Vault)
Boys Varsity “B” Basketball – 15-3 overall | 12-2 in league play | Chris Escobar ‘18 was MVP of the Matthew Gianuzzi Classic.
Boys Freshman Basketball – 6-4 in league play | Tied for 1st place
Boys JV Basketball – 7-2 in league play
Boys Varsity Basketball – 10-8 Overall | 7-2 in league play | Moses Brown Named McDonald’s All- American (Molloy’s first in basketball since Kenny Anderson ‘89). Moses scored his 1,000th point on January 6th vs. Amityville. Khalid Moore ’18 committed to Georgia Tech. Moses committed to UCLA.
Girls JV basketball – 7-6 in league play
Boys Varsity Swimming – Heading to Championships (February 10th-11th)
Girls Varsity Swimming – 9-2 record, Brooklyn/Queens Champs, 2nd place in City Championships