The aim of the college department is to help both students and parents through the college process. We know that this can initially be an overwhelming process. However, by providing both information and guidance to students, we hope to help students make an informed decision based on their unique talents and interests. We recognize that each student is a unique individual, and so we strive to help students find the best fit during their college search.
Archbishop Molloy High School has two college counselors who are devoted to working with students as they navigate the college search and selection process.
The College Guidance department works with students in a number of different ways to help them complete the college process. These include but are not limited to:
- Junior College Guidance classes: This is an introduction to the college application process. Focus will be on factors in choosing colleges, factors in the admissions process, and providing resources to help students begin putting a list of colleges together.
- Senior College Guidance classes: In this class, we will help students finalize their list of colleges. In addition, we will go through a tutorial on how to actually fill out a college application.
- Individual appointments with both juniors and seniors with their college counselor.
- College informational meetings for students and parents. These sessions include:
- Financial Aid planning
- NCAA Night for Athletes
- College Fair
- Visits from college admission representatives who will meet with students for information sessions. For a complete and up-to-date list of these visits, please visit your Family Connection, by Naviance.
Mr. Gus Esgro
Mr. Ted McGuinness
Archbishop Molloy now utilizes a web-based program called Family Connection, by Naviance, to help students manage their college search process. All students have a Naviance account and receive training in how to use the program. Family Connection allows students to track and analyze data about college and career plans. They can also sign-up for college visits, keep track of application deadlines, build a resume, research colleges, and manage their applications, including the sending of transcipts and teacher recommendations.
Parents and students can access their Family Connection by Naviance through the following site: Naviance Login: https://connection.naviance.com/amhs
Parents or students who do not have their login username and password should contact either Mr. Esgro or Mr. McGuinness.
Naviance has the following features:
- Scholarship search
- List of summer programs and internships
- College search