Each year, we receive many requests to transfer into the few openings available in grades 10 and 11. As a result, admission is competitive. Students with marks consistently in the 90's may apply to transfer for the upcoming September. We do not admit transfer students in the middle of the school year.
Admission of transfers depends on space available, on the marks previously earned, and on the courses studied.
Academic Information for Potental Transfer Students into Junior Year
To transfer into Molloy as a junior, an applicant must have freshman and sophomore grades that are consistently in the 90s or very high 80s. Only September transfers are considered, no mid-year transfers. An in-person interview is required.
Students must have earned credit for the following before coming to Molloy:
- Two years of English
- Two years of Social Studies, including Global History (Global regents recommended)
- One year of Algebra and one year of Geometry (Common Core Algebra Regents & Common Core Geometry Regents recommended)
- Two years of either Spanish, French or Italian
- One Life Science (Living Environment [Biology} Regents recommended) and one Physical Science (Earth Science or Chemistry Regents recommended)
- One year of Fine Arts (preferably a half year of Art and a half year of Music, though a full year of either is acceptable
- At least one half year of any Computer Science
- At least one half year of Health
These requirements assure the most successful transition into Molloy's junior curriculum.
Click here to obtain a transfer application.
Archbishop Molloy High School does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of school policies, admission policies, scholarships, athletic and other school-administered programs for its students. The school admits students of any gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.