The Archbishop Molloy Skills Curriculum was created to ensure that our students learn and then apply the core skills they will need to be successful in high school, college, and their professional lives. It is guided by our belief that our students must be confident in their abilities and adept in applying them to excel across all their studies and endeavors.
1. ACADEMIC BEHAVIOR
· An emphasis on student responsibility will teach students to focus in class and to manage their workload so all assignments are completed successfully by deadline. They will learn the importance of active class participation and will be expected to make positive contributions through their attentiveness, interest, and involvement.
2. NOTE TAKING AND USE OF THOSE NOTES AT HOME:
· Students will learn to identify important ideas and concepts in class and to organize their information for easy access and understanding. They should be able to take notes productively and use them efficiently.
3. TECHNOLOGICAL AWARENESS:
· Archbishop Molloy High School will help students think critically about how they interact with electronic devices and technology at their disposal. Students will learn to use devices as tools for education and to avoid wasteful and inappropriate uses of technology.
4. STUDY SKILLS
· Students will learn strategies for organizing the many sources of information they encounter in class – text, notes, projects, discussion, media – to synthesize content and recognize each subject’s overarching themes. They should be able to harness their knowledge and skills to approach assignments with competence and confidence.